Ke Kula Mele haumana presented their annual Winter concert at the Windward Mall on December 20, 2014. The one-hour concert featured the haumana singing and playing a musical tribute to Moloka‘i, Lana‘i, Kaho‘olawe and Christmas. A highlight of the program was an ensemble of the school's steel guitar students all playing at the same time.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Some of the performing haumana.
- More performing haumana.
- Larry Holu with Kumu Alan Akaka, Kenji, and Bob Beard.
- Lanson. Kianna, Lance Hylander, Lehua, Addison Ching, Noah, and Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa.
- Mālie Lyman.
- Keiki performers in front with Kanani Young Harris, Ronald Tolentino, and Sid Pang in rear.
- Pomaikaʻi and Shane Lyman.
- Alexixs P., Phil Sammer on bass, Lanson, Kianna, Addison Ching, Lehua, Sid Pang, and Noah.
- Steel guitarists Sid Pang, Larry Holu, Bob Beard, and Jimmy Wong.
- Steel guitarists Jimmy Wong, Alexis Tolentino, and Dennis Isa.
- Steel guitarists Dennis Isa, Sharon Sawdey, Mālie Lyman, and Robert Antonio.
- Shirley Holu sings with Larry Holu on steel guitar and Alan Akaka on guitar. Also in picture are Kenji, Bob Beard, and Makoa on ʻukulele.
Back to Gallery
Photography by Sharon Ching ©2014 by Ke Kula Mele Hawai‘i.