Spring Concert 2
Ke Kula Mele haumana presented their annual Spring concert at the Windward Mall on May 10, 2014. The one-hour concert featured the haumana singing and playing a musical tribute to Kaua‘i, "Na Mele O Kaua‘i Manokalanipo"—The Songs of Kaua‘i. A highlight of the program was an ensemble of the school's steel guitar students all playing at the same time.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Makaʻala Perry.
- Mālie, Makaʻala, and Shirley.
- Alastair announces the next song.
- Pono Fernandez.
- Steel guitarist Mālie Lyman and Addison Ching.
- Front: Gale Warshawsky, Amy, and Alexis Tolentino. Rear: Alan Akaka and Addison Ching.
- Gale Warshawsky, Alan Akaka, Addison Ching, and Alexis Tolentino.
- Gale Warshawsky.
- Alexlsi Tolentino provided steel guitar backup to Gale Warshawsky.
- Steel guitarists Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa watches as Mālie Lyman plays.
- Steel guitarists Sid Pang and Dennis Isa.
- Steel guitarists Mālie Lyman and Quincy Makaʻakaʻawa.
- Steel guitarists Bob Beard, Keen Ching, Luana Macariola, and Robert Antonio.
- Mālie, Quincy, and Bob.
- Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa's playing technique.
- Bob, Keen, Luana, and Robert.
- Guitarists Alan Akaka and Addison Ching.
- Front row ʻukulele players.
- Nālani announcing the next song.
- Noah, Kenji, JT, and Lehua.
- Featured singer Riko.
- Addison accompanies steel guitarist Bob Beard.
- Keiki ʻukulele players.
- Noah, Kenji, JT, and Mālie.
- More keiki ʻukulele players.
- Some of the festival guests included parent videographer Ron Tolentino and photographer Leslie Ragan.
- Sharon Ching and Senator Daniel K. Akaka.
- The Spring, 2014, perfoming class.
Back to Gallery
Photography by Sharon Ching ©2014 by Ke Kula Mele Hawai‘i.