Winter Concert 3
Ke Kula Mele haumana presented their annual Winter concert at the Windward Mall on December 21. 2013. The one-hour concert featured the haumana singing and playing Na Mele o Hawaii, the songs of the Island of Hawai‘i. Some holiday favorites were also included. Highlights of the program included a four-part arrangement of Nani Waimea and an ensemble of the school's steel guitar students all playing Kaulana o Hilo Hanakahi at the same time.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Steel guitarist Mālie Lyman with Sid and Zack Pang and Gale Warshawsky.
- Mālie Lyman on the steel guitar, Sid on ʻukulele, Zach on upright bass, and Gale on ʻukulele.
- Mālie with Sid, Zack, Gale, Kuapapa, and Christina.
- Some of the concert audience, including Natalie Ai Kamauʻu.
- Riko announcing one of the next songs.
- ʻʻJTʻʻ announcing one of the next songs.
- Kianna, Willie, Griffin, Pono, and Makoa.
- Gale Warshawsky, Ronald Tolentino, Michiko Akaka, Addison Ching, Dennis Isa, Christina, Bob Beard, Sharon Sawdey, Luke, and Kianna.
- Steel guitarist Henry Wassman III.
- Steel guitarist Keen Ching
- Ka Kula Mele haumana with Kumu Alan Akaka and steel guitarist Keen Ching.
- Steel guitarist Alexis Tolentino.
- The Ke Kula Mele Hawaiʻi Banner
- Mālie makes an announcement.
- Now itʻs Keenʻs turn to make an announcement.
- Steel guitarists Sid Pang, Gale Warshawsky, and Earl Ng. Alexis Tolentino is on the stage.
- Steel guitarists Sharon Sawdey, Dennis Isa, Bob Beard, Mālie Lyman, Luana Macariola, and Piʻikea.
- Steel guitarists Mālie, Luana Macariola, Piʻikea, Robert Antonio, Kaʻonohi, Henry Wassman III, Keen Ching, and Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa.
- Dennis Isa, Bob Beard, Mālie, Luana Macariola, and Piʻikea.
- Piʻikea, Robert, Kaʻonohi, Henry, Keen, and Quincy.
- Sid Pang.
- Sid, Gale, and Earl, and Alexis.
- Front row ʻukulele players Riko, Isaiah, Keona, and Griffin.
- From left: Alexis, ''JT'', Kumu Alan Akaka, Riko, Isaiah, Keona, Griffin, and Pono.
- Steel guitarist Sharon Sawdey.
- Riko, Isaiah, Keona, and Griffin.
- Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa at the mic.
- Sid and Quincy.
- Sid Pang.
- Steel guitarist Earl Ng with Kumu ALan Akaka.
Back to Gallery
Photography by Sharon Ching ©2013 by Ke Kula Mele Hawaii.