Spring Concert 2
Ke Kula Mele haumana presented their annual Mother's Day concert, "Na Mele O Waikiki" at the Windward Mall on May 11. 2013. The concert was well-attended by parents, guests, and celebrities. Highlights of the concert included 9-year old Malie Lyman playing the steel guitar and singing "Henehene Kou Aka" and a ensemble of 18 steel guitars playing "Paoakalani."
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Steel guitarist Raven Young.
- Christina, Kumu Alan Akaka, and Raven.
- Raven Young.
- Upright bass players Ronald Tolentino and Phil Sammer.
- The ʻUkulele front row.
- Raven also sang.
- Michiko Akaka, Kawaiʻiki Punua, and Addison Ching.
- Stage view from the audience.
- Another stage view from the audience.
- The empty chairs in front of the stage are set up for the steel guitarists who will all play together at the same time.
- Kumu Alan Akaka and Gale Warshawsky.
- ʻUkulele player Kianna.
- Steel guitarist Sid Pang.
- Sid also sang.
- Steel guitarist Alexis Tolentino.
- Alexis Tolentino.
- T.J., Alyssa, and Christina.
- Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Raven Young with Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Some of the steel guitar ensemble from left: Luana Macariola, Robert Antonio, Dennis Isa, Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa, and Gale Warshawsky.
- More of the steel guitar ensemble from left: Kawaiʻiki Punua, Lilikalani Punua, Keen Ching, Earl Ng, Henry Wassman III, Sharon Sawdey, Piʻikea, Kaʻonohi, Luana Macariola, Raven Young, Robert Antonio, Sid Pang, and Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa.
- More ensemble from left: Alexis Tolentino, Henry Wassman III, Sharon Sawdey, Bob Beard.
Back to Gallery
Photography by Colleen Ricci ©2013 by Colleen Ricci and Ke Kula Mele Hawaii.