Spring Concert 1
Ke Kula Mele haumana presented their annual Mother's Day concert, "Na Mele O Waikiki" at the Windward Mall on May 11, 2013. The concert was well-attended by parents, guests, and celebrities. Highlights of the concert included 9-year old Malie Lyman playing the steel guitar and singing "Henehene Kou Aka" and a ensemble of 18 steel guitars playing "Paoakalani."
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Henry Wassman III and Addison Ching
- Steel guitarist Mālie Lyman with Eric Keawe, Pomaikaʻi Lyman, and John Berger
- Millannie Matson, Kimo Kahoano, Alan Akaka, and Joe Recca.
- Addison Ching and steel guitarist Jeff Au Hoy.
- Jeff Au Hoy snapping a photo.
- Eric Keawe, Mālie Lyman, and John Berger.
- Mālie Lyman, Ronald Tolentino, Quincy Makaʻawaʻawa, and Sid Pang.
- Pono Fernandez.
- Steel guitarist Keen Ching.
- ʻUkulele player Alexis P. with Phil Sammer and Alyssa.
- ʻUkulele players Willie and Macoa.
- Bass players Zach Pang and Ronald Tolentino.
- Pono and Joy Lin.
- ʻUkulele players Macoa and Griffin.
- Kuapapa and Byron announcing the next song.
- ʻUkulele soloist Christina.
- Christina and Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Announcer Byron.
- Announcer Alyssa.
- The haumana of Ke Kula Mele.
- ;ʻUkulele players Makana and Willie.
- Steel guitarist Mālie Lyman.
- Guitarists Kawaiʻiki Punua and Michiko Akaka.
Back to Gallery
Photography by Colleen Ricci ©2013 by Colleen Ricci and Ke Kula Mele Hawaii.