Hawaii State Arts Museum 2
Ke Kula Mele haumana were invited to present a Hawaiian music and steel guitar demonstration at the Hawaii State Arts Museum (HISAM) on June 11, 2011 (Kamehameha Day.) The demonstration was well attended, and some guests went on to become accomplished steel guitarists.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Addison Ching looks on as Sid Pang tries out the steel guitar with mom Robyn looking on. Sid went on to become a NextGen steel guitarist with Ke Kula Mele.
- Kumu Alan Akaka leads his haumana as demonstration guests enoy the performance.
- Jamie Umanzor, Patrick Silva, Raven Young, and Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Haunani Thomas.
- Steel guitarist Alexis Tolentino and Lynda Hylander dance the hula.
- Quincy Maka'awa'awa and Derrick Mau.
- Alan Dixon looks on as a guest tries out the steel guitar.
- Sachihiko Watanabe looks on as Alexis, Mikaela and Raven play the steel guitar.
- Leroy Ne, Lance Hylander, and Alexis Tolentino.
- Addison Ching.
- Leroy Ne.
- Gary Aiko with Ke Kula Mele haumana Quincy Maka'awa'awa, Derrick Mau, and Leroy Ne.
- Alexis Tolentino and Haunani Thomas.
- Lance and Lynda Hylander.
- Derrick Mau, Leroy Ne, Lance Hylander, Haunani Thomas, Gale Warshawsky, Jamie Umanzor, Patrick Silva, and Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Derrick Mau.
- Carmen and Keith Haugen with Gale Warshawsky.
Back to Gallery
Photography by Alan Akaka ©2011 by Ke Kula Mele Hawai‘i.